Friday, March 27, 2009

Joy

Nothing is better than your 5 year old asking if he can help do the dishes. He did half of them for me and while he was working he said, "I'm having fun doing the dishes." When he was finished, he said he wants to do some of the dishes every time I do them. It brought pure joy to my heart, something I haven't felt much lately. I'm usually getting after him for something, so to be able to be so thankful to him was so wonderful. What a good kid! Come to think of it, he has been willing to help a lot lately. He cleaned up the whole house (picked up toys, made beds, etc) the other day when I was gone and then again last night before bed. Last week he offered to help vacuum (quite an offer coming from someone who used to be deathly afraid of the vacuum.) That one will have to wait until he's a little taller, but he did try for a minute. I'm so grateful to have a wonderful boy who's growing up so fast. I need to show him how much I love him a lot more often.


2 comments:

  1. What a great helper! Looks like he got a haircut between vacuuming and helping with the dishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elliott,
    I'm glad you've been a great help to your mom. You are awesome! I look forward to seeing you in a couple weeks.
    Love,
    grandma

    ReplyDelete