Monday, March 30, 2009

Ice Skating

On Saturday we went to an MBA ice skating activity. They had the whole rink reserved and we got in for super cheap. It was a great deal. Plus, there weren't a ton on people there, so the ice wasn't too crowded. It was Brent and Elliott's first time ice skating. I hadn't been since YW cabin outings - man that's longer ago than I'd like to admit. I was excited to do it again. We all had a good time. Derek was even pretty patient just being held on the sidelines while Brent and I traded places on the ice.
Of course, after packing everything I could possibly think of to keep us warm at the rink, I forgot my own coat. It was in the same pile as all the rest of the stuff, but I still managed to leave home without it. That's why I have the ridiculous looking hat on my head - something to keep me warm. Shortly before we left, some nice lady let me borrow her spare coat. It was nice to be warm for a few minutes. Elliott was a little nervous about being on the ice at first. Then he got hold of a "walker" and had a blast by himself.
Brent's first adventure on the ice.

It didn't take long to get more comfortable.

Hanging out on the sidelines.

Look at Elliott go! He was a little speed demon by the end.

A fun time was had by all. No one even biffed it. Elliott fell a couple times, but since he had the walker, they weren't very hard falls.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the Young Women cabin outings. I forgot about our ice skating adventures. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Elliott and Brent! Do you think I could use a walker?

    ReplyDelete