Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Draper Temple

Last week I was able to take the boys to the Draper Temple Open House. Elliott woke up Thursday morning with his stomach hurting. I was really bummed that we might not be able to go to the temple as planned. He eventually threw up and then felt better. That happens so often with him. He throws up once and then is perfectly fine. Fortunately that was the case this time so we were able to go as planned. The temple was beautiful, of course. It was nice to be able to show Elliott what a temple is like. I asked him what he liked best and he said "the chandeliers." (Before going inside, someone had mentioned that many people like the chandeliers.) The chandelier in the celestial room is HUGE and beautiful with many smaller wall chandeliers that look like it. I am so thankful for the temple and its eternal significance and I am thankful that I could share that with Elliott and Derek. Derek was perfect at the temple. I was just holding him the whole time and he was so still and quiet. It was amazing. It was actually quite the outing. There were so many people there. We had to wait for more than an hour before starting the tour. We started by watching a video and then took a bus from a nearby chapel to the temple. After the actual tour, we had to wait for the bus to take us back to the church and then we drove up to the temple to take pictures. Derek was SO tired by then. I wasn't even going to get him back out of the car to take pictures. At least Elliott was a good sport. He was so good the entire time, even though it was a lot longer than I expected.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful opportunity! I'm so glad you got to go! Elliott--I hope you always choose the right so you can go back inside the temple someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pic of the temple--I know what you mean by "quite the outing"; I'm glad Derek was good the whole time, Squiggle totally broke down in the Sealing Room :(

    ReplyDelete