Thursday, February 5, 2009

Jumpin' Jacks

Last week we went to Jumpin' Jacks in Springville for an MBASA activity. When we got there I prepped Elliott, reminding him what fun he has when we go to these kinds of places. (The fun usually starts an hour into the playtime, only after many, many tears.) He very slowly headed to the inflatables, with lots of encouragement. I took him to the one with the shortest slide and had him start there. After a slow climb onto it, he slid down and exclaimed, "That was fun!" After that, it was smooth sailing. He had so much fun. There was one huge slide there - it reached the ceiling of the huge warehouse. At one point I casually asked him if he was going to try the big slide. He looked at me like I was crazy and said "no way, that's too scary." A little while later he came to find me and told me he went down the big slide! I had to see it to believe it! He did it again and again, until some kid climbed up his back. He wasn't too thrilled about that. Jumpin' Jacks was great! It was way better than Pump It Up because there were so many inflatables to choose from. It was nice to have a variety. I'm glad he had such a good time. He's already asking to go again.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. way to go, Elliott. Looks like you had lots of fun!!!
    Love ya,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete