Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Big Day

Today was Elliott's first day of Kindergarten. The day finally came! He was so excited. Derek and I walked him to school. It takes just over 15 minutes to walk, so it's some decent exercise at least while it's not too cold. It's a little cool in the morning, thus the jacket. I made him take it off and leave it with me once we got to school. He had a great first day. He had lots to say about it when he got home.

Dakota (friend from church) and Elliott are in the same class. There are 2 other kids he knows in his class as well.

Elliott sat down at his desk and just started smiling. I didn't even have to ask.


I'm so glad this time has finally come. Elliott really needs some structure away from home. I think we were all starting to go crazy. He is getting so big. I'm excited for him to learn new things and make new friends.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Yea Elliott! Hope you have lots of fun in school. I'm sure you will be a great student!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Elliot- what a grown up kid you are!

    ReplyDelete