Monday, May 18, 2009

Thanksgiving Point Farm Country

Last month we were able to go to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point with friends from MBASA (MBA Spouse Association). We got in for half price which was sweet! Admission includes a ticket for either a pony ride or a wagon ride. I figured for sure there was no way Elliott was going to get 0n a pony. I asked him if he wanted to ride one and he said no. He was pretty adamant about not wanting to ride a pony. So, we watched other kids riding ponies and then walked around for a bit and then we were by the pony rides again. He watched for a few minutes and then said he wanted to ride one. I was very surprised but thrilled that he overcame his fear and went for it! He held on tight, but he didn't freak out and I didn't have to walk with him, so it was great! He was so brave.


After the pony ride, I was talking to a friend and all her kids rode ponies, so she had one extra ticket. She asked if I wanted it, so we were able to do the wagon ride as well. Thanks, Claire! The boys enjoyed the ride. It was actually pretty rough. We got the wagon to ourselves. It was fun.
The boys had fun playing in the jail and the dance hall.




The following week we were able to go to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point (again for half price - definitely the way to go). Of course I left my camera at home, so I didn't get pictures. I took a couple with my phone, so I'll have to see what the quality is like and if I can figure out how to get them on the computer. Elliott had a great time at the museum.

1 comment: