Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Derek!

Wow. I can hardly believe a year has gone by and yet so much has happened in that year. Derek is growing up so fast. Look how much he's changed in a year! I guess it's bound to happen especially at this age. Quite a difference. Derek is such a sweetheart. It seems like every time I go out, someone comments on how good and quiet Derek is. He is really pretty good-natured. He definitely has his moments, but mainly at home and usually when he's tired or hungry. Derek finally started crawling right about the 11 month mark. Now he really gets around. He cruises all overe the furniture and finally figured out how his knees work. It's so nice when they get more independent. Just the last couple days he takes steps while holding my hands. He's becoming an independent eater. He squirms and turns away if I try to feed him, but give him stuff he can pick up and he's all over it. He is such a joy to have in our home. He has the sweetest smile and the cutest nose scrunch. I'll have to get a picture of that. He has a great personality and can always make us smile.
Happy Birthday, sweet boy! I love you.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Derek!

    What a handsome kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is ridiculous how fast the time goes! I feel like crying right now just thinking about it. He is such a cute boy. We hope he had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete