Monday, April 9, 2012

The First Weeks (repost)

I suppose it's about time for an update. Preston is already 7 weeks old! I can hardly believe how fast the time has gone. He was 10 pounds even at his 1 month checkup. It's amazing how much he has changed in such a short time. To me I saw more of Derek in him when we was first born, but now I think he looks a lot like Elliott. There are times I still see the Walker side though, so he's definitely a good family mix. He has started smiling, which is so fun to watch. I have to admit, I spend a lot of time just watching Preston. I put a lot of other things on hold - like blogging and cleaning. But I only have this time once, so I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts. Preston is a sweet baby. He is sleeping well at night, but he doesn't like to nap alone during the day. Occasionally he'll get a decent nap, but usually it's just cat naps. Elliott and Derek love to pat him, give him kisses, and hold him (for about 10 seconds). Preston definitely gets lots of love.


I am so thankful for many wonderful friends who have done so much for us these first weeks, from meals to clothes to watching the boys. I have been spoiled by not having to cook almost at all for since Preston was born. Now it's time to get back into the swing of things. Life with 3 boys is
keeping me busy. I feel like Preston just lives in his car seat some days. Between school, karate, baseball, and scouts, Elliott (and therefore I) always have somewhere to be. We are all adjusting well. If only I weren't always so tired...

Week 1

Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

Week 5

(I guess there was a week without pictures)
Week 7
Week 8

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what's up with the font not staying the way I put it. Hopefully the pictures stay on this time. It all looked fine when I did the original post and then all the pictures disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering about that last night...glad they showed up this time. Cute boys! Preston looks like a combination of Elliott and Derek to me. He's very cute! Glad you are all adjusting well. Give our love to the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go mom!! I am so impressed with how well you are keeping up with all the photos.

    ReplyDelete