Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Birthday, Elliott!

Wow! Elliott turned 7 a couple weeks ago! He's growing up so fast! He had a Ninja Party. He invited a bunch of friends from school and a couple from church. He had a good group for his party. The kids had fun. Most of the party turned into wrestling, but no one got hurt and they had a good time. It was fun to meet Elliott's school friends and their parents.


My creative side came out for this party. I found this great idea for karate invitations online (http://www.ehow.com/how_5019481_make-martial-arts-birthday-invitations.html). Elliott came up with the idea of playing Pin the Sword on the Ninja, so I had to come up with a ninja, so I found a tutorial online for that as well (http://drawtoons.blogspot.com/2009/11/how-to-draw-cartoon-ninja.html). Thank goodness for good ideas people post online. Elliott wanted a ninja cake, so I just printed a ninja online, cut it out, and used it as a stencil. That was tricky, but it turned out pretty well. I made all the kids Ninja headbands. I didn't get a picture of them alone, but the kids are all wearing them in the pictures. I thought they looked great. In keeping with the theme, I made the thank you bags for the kids. I was impressed with all my creativity. That is a rare thing.



We went to dinner at Red Robin that night. The bottom picture shows Elliott's embarrassment at being sung to. :)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I'm super impressed by your craftiness Dawnia! Everything turned out great and sounds like Elliott had a wonderful day...happy belated birthday! Can't believe he's 7--wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Dawnia. All the "little" extras take time, but make the day extra special.
    Happy birthday, Elliott!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun- Happy Birthday Elliott! I love the cake- very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed you had a ninja party in the first place. A bunch of 7 year olds doing karate and wrestling--now that's one brave mom! Cool cake--turned out great! That great-looking sundae had to be worth any embarrassment. Can I have some?

    ReplyDelete