Friday, January 22, 2010

Elliott turns 6!

Happy Birthday, Elliott!

Elliott's 6th birthday was 2 weeks ago already. He had a great birthday. I can't believe he's 6 years old. My baby's growing up. He has a sweet personality, is amazingly smart, and is a great big brother. We all love you, Elliott!

The day of. Daddy decided to have Elliott open presents before school. It was a great way to start off the day. We went to Denny's for dinner that night. We can always win with pancakes.



I decided it was finally time to throw Elliott a birthday party. It was crazy and I'm sure I won't start doing them every year. I was so stressed about it. I had no idea what I was doing, but it turned out just fine as I knew it would. I did a western theme with horseshoe invitations. All the kids got bandanas and sherrifs badges. We played pin the tail on the donkey, "lasso" with Twister hopscotch hoops and water bottles, herd the cattle (get the balloons through the chairs using only your feet), sidewinder jump (don't get bit by the "rattlesnake"), and hot potato with a snake. The kids all had a lot of fun. There were 11 kids there at times. I'm glad I limited the invite list to just the kids who live around us and some cousins. It was crazy but fun. Elliott shed some tears, but hey, what's a party without tears. Elliott is wearing his coat in the bottom pictures because it was FREEZING in the building. We had the party in the basement of one of the buildings here and there was no heat. I was very relieved when the party was over.



While not an official birthday celebration this year, we still made it to Chuck E. Cheese. Elliott got a coupon for 20 free tokens, so it was perfect to spend an hour or so there for free. I had a few tokens left over from last year as well, so we all got to have a little bit of fun. Derek was getting into it too. It is so nice that Derek is finally walking so he could wander around and I didn't have to hold him the whole time.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. What a fun party Elliott! Your mommy sure did a lot to help you have a very special day! I'm glad you had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an undertaking for the party...great job! It sounds like he had a great extended celebration of his big day =). I love the cowboy picture and the one of Derek with the bows--so cute!

    ReplyDelete