Thursday, January 15, 2009

Say Goodbye!

Yesterday we got to officially say goodbye to Derek's helmet. Hooray! Unofficially we took it off on Sunday in anticipation of our meeting with the doctor on Wednesday. We were tired of it since it seemed to be at the point of doing more harm than good. Fortunately, the doctor was true to his prediction of when he'd be done, so we are very happy. We are pleased with the result and thankful that the side of Derek's head is no longer noticeably flat. I'm happy we get to see Derek's hair all the time now (and that the helmet didn't make him lose it). He's so much cuter without that darn thing. And Derek is happy to no longer have that annoying piece of plastic on his head.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'm so happy for him and for you! Such a cute, happy face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those helmets are a hard thing to have to go through. But, I guess, in the end it is worth the effort. He sure does look like a happy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! Though I agree he is cuter with out the helmet, he was pretty cute with it too.

    That is exciting though, I hope he still keeps all that hair!

    ReplyDelete